Write in November
The Write On! Creative Writing Club is hosting a “Write in November” event that coincides with National Novel Writing Month. All students, faculty, and staff are invited to join us.
National Novel Writing Month is an event held each year during the month of November. The event helps writers to connect with each other and to get their stories on the page. The word count goal for the event is 50,000 words (a short novel) in 30 days.
However, Write On! has its own personal goal for BCCC – 10,000 words, or the length of a novelette – for the month of November. This is approximately 20 single-spaced pages. We invite you to join us in this creative exercise!
What should you write about? Anything! The purpose is for you to express your own creativity. You can write a chapter your novel, a short story or several short stories, journal entries, personal narratives … whatever interests you. If you don’t have an idea, we can provide a writing prompt to get you started.
How it works:
- Email club president Amber Midyette to express your interest. Her email address is amberL7636@live.beaufortccc.edu.
- The draft cannot be started prior to midnight on Nov. 1, and it must be completed before 11:59 pm on Nov. 30.
- Email a copy your draft to Amber every Wednesday in November. We will record the progress of each of our writers on a chart that will be available for view in the Learning Enhancement Center.
- Final submissions must be emailed to Amber prior to 11:59 pm on Nov. 30.
- Those who meet their 10,000 word goal will be recognized and entered into a drawing for BCCC prizes.