- Board Agendas
- Board Members
- Board Minutes
- Board of Trustees
- Campus Maps
- Equal Opportunity
- Faculty Resources
- Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act
- Organizational Charts
- Student Achievement
- Title IX Gender Discrimination and Sexual Misconduct Policy
- Allied Health
- General Information
- ED2GO Online Classes
- College & Career Readiness
- Career & College Promise
- Business & Industry Services
- Public Safety
- Healthcare Programs
- Workforce Programs
- Personal Enrichment
- DDC-4 Defensive Driving
- Small Business Center
- Hyde County Davis Center
- Washington County Center
- Financial Aid
- Human Resources
- Institutional Effectiveness
- Student Records
- Student Life
Are you a student interested in apprenticeships?
Apprenticeship Beaufort County is an employer-sponsored
program that is a combination of on-the-job training and classroom instruction
that prepares participants for careers with local industry partners. Upon
successful completion of the apprenticeship program, the Apprentice qualifies
for industry recognized “journeyman” credentials in a skilled trade and an
academic credential from BCCC.
Benefits of an Apprenticeship program include:
- Paid employment during training with progressive wage increases
- Obtainment of a BCCC academic credential that provides credit towards an AAS degree
- Industry recognized journeyman credentials at both the state and federal level
Apprenticeship programs are available in the following areas:
- Injection Molding Technician
- Production Process Technician
- Welding Technician
- Maintenance Technician
Are you a business interested in starting an apprenticeship program?
Is your business hoping to reduce turnover, improve morale, and build a more skilled workforce?Consider hiring an apprentice!
Apprenticeship Beaufort County is a low-risk hiring strategy that allows companies to develop employee training programs where mentors are passing on years of experience and knowledge to apprentices before they retire.
Investing in your employees is a proven method to build loyalty.
There are many employer benefits to sponsoring an apprenticeship program.Benefits include:
- Production: Apprentices contribute to increased productivity and production quality as they become more skilled at their jobs. Mentors share years of experience and knowledge to apprentices, reducing the risk of skills shortage as employees retire.
- Workforce: Apprentices tend to be more engaged with companies that invest in their training and education. Many apprentices remain loyal to their employers resulting in increased retention rates and reduced turnover. Overall, companies will experience an increase in employee morale.
- Soft skills: Apprentices are actively engaging with professionals through on-the-job training and classroom instruction, each providing unique opportunities to foster and utilize time-management, communication, and interpersonal skills.
If you are a business wanting to sponsor an apprenticeship, a current high school junior or senior, high school graduate, or working adult interested in connecting with apprenticeship opportunities, please contact Sara Watson, Director of Customized Training & Apprenticeships, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 252-940-6311 for more details.