Celebrate Disability Week Awareness Week at BCCC
During the week of October 4-8, BCCC is celebrating Disability Awareness Week. The week-long event features several activities for students and a resource fair that is open to the community.
Check out videos from our community here:
- Human Services student Brandi Keehnle
- Pre-Nursing/Registered Medical Assistant student Mary Corey
- Music professor Christopher Campbell
- Beaufort County Early College High School/art student Finn Mosher
- Associate in Arts/Community Spanish Interpreter student Marie Perez
Chalk the Walks
Students choose a disability-related message that promotes a positive culture of inclusion and accessibility and then share the message through a sidewalk chalk art creation. Prizes will be awarded for selected artwork best representing our theme.
How Cool is Your School
On Tuesday and Wednesday, Oct. 5-6, students can take part in a scavenger hunt to locate accessibility supports and resources available at BCCC! Those who successfully complete the scavenger hunt will receive a goody bag. Check in at the welcome desk in the Student Services Building (9).
Resource & Information Fair
On Thursday, Oct. 7 from 11:00 a.m.-2:00 p.m. in the Boyette Conference Center in Building 10, community providers will be available to offer important information about their services.
Learn more about...
Check out the following videos for some insight into different conditions.
- Generalized Anxiety Disorder (causes, symptoms, treatment)
- 3 Symptoms of Anxiety You Should Never Ignore